After a two year break, WordCamp is coming back to Israel, this time as WordCamp Jerusalem. And we’ve got an awesome lineup of speakers and topics in three tracks: Beginning WordPress Developers, Advanced WordPress Developers, and WordPress Tips and Ideas.
What is WordCamp?
WordCamp is a conference that focuses on everything WordPress. WordCamps are informal, community-organized events that are put together by WordPress users. Everyone from casual users to core developers participate, share ideas, and get to know each other. WordCamps are open to WordPress.com and WordPress.org users alike.
Tell me more about WordCamp Jerusalem
WordCamp Jerusalem is taking place on Sept. 5, 2010 at the Jerusalem College of Technology, who is generously sponsoring the conference. The conference will run from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, and entrance is free of charge.
Here are some of the planned (tentative) lecture topics:
- WordPress performance under various server configurations
- Tools and techniques for building accessible WordPress websites
- Increasing traffic to your WordPress site
- Political blogging
- Don’t just shrink your WordPress site for mobile, adapt it
- WordPress 3.0 And You
And many more!
Find out more on the site, or reserve your space on the WordCamp Jerusalem Meetup site – you must RSVP there to make sure you have a space since space is limited.
Stay updated and spread the word
- Put one of our cool WordCamp Jerusalem banners on your site to help spread the word – the one at the top of this post is an example. They come in English and Hebrew.
- Follow us on twitter and/or facebook to get updates before, during and after the event.
- Use the twitter hashtag #WordCampJeru whenever possible 🙂
- Help us find more sponsors – entrance to the event is free, but we still need to cover costs!
Looking forward to seeing you there!